We are excited to announce that 5U-6U players will now be a part of our new and improved "Lil' Strikers" program. Rather than players being assigned to a specific team for an entire season, they will instead work in group settings with an emphasis on introducing the game of soccer through fun games and activities. The eight-week session will include one-hour practices once per week and 'festival' style game days. During both practices and game days, players will be separated into smaller groups at random and will interact with different players throughout the season. All players will also receive a Lil' Strikers T-Shirt.
Spring 2021 - Important Dates:
- March 23, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Pre-Season Coaches Meeting
- April 6th, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. 1st practice
- May 29, NO games = Memorial Weekend
- June 3, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Last practice
- Practice once per week for one hour
- Game days once per week for one hour (three 12 minute games played)
- Games are 4 v 4 on a small field with no goalkeepers
- All practices and game days led by Ames Soccer Club skills coaches with the assistance of parent volunteers.
- No uniform fees; players must have cleats and shin guards
- Emphasis on fun, easy to understand activities
- Focus is on individual players learning fundamental soccer skills
- Introduction to basic tactical skills
- 1 player - 1 ball mentality - further strengthening development and comfort on the ball